CGM for Weight Loss
& Diet Management
Use a CGM to track
There seem to be thousands of quick fixes for weight loss these days. But as anyone with weight management goals knows, losing weight is often a more complex, challenging journey.
Continuous glucose monitors (CGMs), which help you observe and understand more about fluctuations in your glucose levels, can offer insight and support for your weight loss efforts.
Pairing the data from CGMs with personalized human expertise from professional dietitians, like the plans at Nutrisense do, can be invaluable on your journey to meeting your weight loss goals.
When you think of weight loss, you may typically think of:
- Making drastic short-term diet and exercise changes
- Tracking calories
- Constantly measuring bodies against the BMI index
The bad news?
These tactics don’t work long-term—they don’t allow you to appreciate the fullness of factors impacting metabolic health and weight, including how fluctuations in glucose (your body's primary energy source) affect your body.
Did you know…
- Poorly regulated glucose levels may be connected to a higher likelihood of weight gain in some people.
- Having more information about your glucose response may help guide you toward lifestyle choices that support weight loss goals.
A CGM can help alert you to diet and lifestyle habits that may impact glucose trends. When it comes to weight loss, exercise and dieting may not always lead to the results you want.
The following factors can all affect your ability to lose weight:
- Your genetics
- Certain medications
- Sleep hygiene
- Certain underlying conditions
When you sign up with Nutrisense, you’re paired with an expert, credentialed dietitian who walks you through the data so you can make the best decisions for your unique body and weight loss needs.
Lose up to 27 lbs in 3 months with Nutrisense. Start Your Weight Loss Journey Today!
*8/10 members lose up to 14.5 lbs in 30 days
Real-time Feedback for
Sustainable Weight Loss
Experiment withmacronutrient balance.eating windows, workout regimens, &
Nutrisense arms you with the tools to understand what makes your body tick and make changes that work for....you.
“Using a continuous glucose monitor for weight loss keeps you accountable. This accountability is key to how valuable the CGM data can be for weight loss.”
With traditional weight loss strategies, the number on the scale ended up being the lagging indicator to Benjamin that something needed improvement. But that changed when he joined Nutrisense.
With the data insights from a continuous glucose monitor and expert support from the Nutrisense program:
- Benjamin could log daily activity and view real-time feedback on his blood glucose levels.
- His CGM data allowed him to see how stress, sleep, and exercise impacted his glucose response.
- With expert one-on-one guidance from a Nutrisense dietitian, Benjamin was able to learn how his body used energy and build better lifestyle habits.
- Discovering what foods and dietary habits led to glucose fluctuations. This helped him find food freedom with a diet suited to his specific body and weight loss goals.
All of these things helped him lose 80 pounds in seven months.
Whether you’re looking to drop a few pounds, maintain your ideal weight, or make a drastic change like Benjamin, a CGM device can be helpful support for your weight loss efforts.
Blood Sugar Tracking
for Weight Management
Continuous glucose monitoring has been around for decades, but it is only recently being utilized more to support weight management.
So, what is the advantage of viewing your blood sugar levels when you're trying to lose weight? Nutrisense dietitian, Heather Davis, MS, RDN, LDN explains:
- Your body converts some of the food you eat into glucose and uses it for energy.
- When glucose enters the bloodstream, a hormone called insulin is released to help absorb glucose and transport it to where it’s needed in the body.
- But when too much glucose is in your bloodstream, insulin may signal the body to store the extra glucose as fat. Other metabolic changes may also take place that may work against your weight and health goals.
- The CGM lets you view your glucose response to your dietary and lifestyle habits in real time.
Unlike other weight loss methods, using a CGM gives you the benefit of seeing how glucose levels may impact weight loss progress. Since everyone's journey is unique, this data can help personalize your goals.
A CGM as a Helpful Way
to Support your Journey
One of the benefits of using this device during a weight loss journey, is the real-time view you get of your body's data.
By highlighting how various dietary and lifestyle factors affect your body, a CGM arms you with the knowledge to make lasting lifestyle changes, regardless of your wellness goals.
What if weight loss isn’t a priority for you? A CGM can still be a helpful way to support your journey towards various wellness goals, including body recomposition, finding the perfect activity, and maintaining a healthy weight.
body’s response to exercise
(especially for athletes)
Maintaining a healthy weight
8/10 members lose up to 14.5 lbs in 30 days.
Start Your Wellness Journey!
The CGM Diet
While there's no such thing as a specific CGM diet, continuous glucose monitoring can help you modify dietary habits to reach wellness and weight loss goals.
With real-time data from a continuous glucose monitor, you can learn what foods lead to glucose swings. This in turn, will help you optimize your diet to understand more about how glycemic control can support a healthy lifestyle.
With this knowledge, you can see what diets best suit your specific body to support various wellness goals, including weight loss.
What We Can Offer
At Nutrisense, we go one step further. The Nutrisense CGM program pairs data insights with human expertise, providing an individualized approach to help with sustainable weight loss.
Like Benjamin, you can support your weight loss journey with real-time insights from a CGM device and personalized, one-on-one dietitian support from Nutrisense.
An individualized approach matters for weight loss because:
- Your metabolic rate, height, weight, hormonal response, and nutritional needs are unique.
- There isn’t a one-size-fits-all nutrition or exercise plan for weight loss.
- Personalized data gives you a more effective starting point to determine what foods and lifestyle habits may work best to support your weight goals.
With the Nutrisense program, you receive two CGMs monthly for the duration of your chosen plan, lifetime access to the Nutrisense app, and access to 1:1, in-app dietitian support.
Nutrisense offers the best CGM program for weight loss to help you:
- Reinforce healthy habits with data-driven insights.
- Understand how to support hormonal balance.
- Understand and monitor glucose fluctuations.
- Conduct food and lifestyle experiments with expert guidance to see what works best for your weight loss journey.
- Set yourself up for sustainable success.
Still have questions? Here are some answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions.
A CGM allows you to see how foods and activities impact your glucose levels throughout the day.
Using a CGM device for weight loss can allow you to see an important aspect of how your body uses energy, understand what foods and activities impact glucose, and learn what changes you can make in your diet and lifestyle for better overall wellness.
*Disclaimer: The Nutrisense program is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any conditions such as diabetes.